Fri, Aug 11|
Stone Mountain Pack Hike (max 6 dogs)
5 mile Stone Mtn Pack Hike (max 6 dogs)
Time & Location
Aug 11, 7:10 AM – 10:00 AM
Roaring Gap, 3042 Frank Pkwy, Roaring Gap, NC 28668, USA
About the event
Off Leash Pack Hike at Stone Mountain Roaring, Gap NC
Trainer hosting: Dave
Day/time: Friday August 11 * We will meet at 7:10am and be off hiking by 7:15am or so.
6 dogs max and Dave's personal dogs, Ralphie and Sawyer take up two of the spots :)
*Note: it is usually about 10-12 degrees cooler than Charlotte on any given day! It is not uncommon for summer temps to be in high 60s when we start the hike which is an awesome break from Charlotte's heat.
* There are several safe water play spots for the dogs to have fun in and cool off in too!
* 5 mile hike
*Some rugged terrain
* Approx 1,000' - 1,200' elevation gain
* We generally hike this between 2 hrs 20 min and 3 hours (depending on time for dogs to play in water, water breaks ourselves, picture taking, etc)
* There are 2 sections of the trail with a good 10-15 min incline. The rest of the trail is moderate and even easy in some sections
* Please be in good physical condition to hike this trail
Dave will email you all the specifics if you would like go. It is an AWESOME hike!